Monday, August 16, 2010

august 4, 2010


i am free

free if only

for today

awake in the morning

white laden mountains


Schubert and Parra

lifting weight

from the shoulders

of my soul


voices connecting me

to the ancient

caminos trodden

by calloused feet

heights of father sun


whose son am i?

mother earth will embrace me

with with her dusty arms

and release me

from the prison

of this corpse


yet today i am

free

free to live

laugh

love

and linger

in each moment

as if it were my last


to savor the tastes

which drip like honey

upon my tongue

the crisp air

filling my lungs

with sacred songs

sung

by the spirits

searching an audience

amidst the polluted

existence of modernity

echoing from the cavernous steeps

into the overpopulated

valley below

that today


we are free

No comments:

Post a Comment