Monday, November 1, 2010

Dagger Eyes

Today I clambered to the top of the city
You’re what I like best in San Francis-
Co Dagger Eyes.

The Best of our two worlds
Collide and my mask is only worn to
Suppress your enduring pained expression
Only my pimpled, pearly, blues
Peruse back and forth and
Cloak rhapsodies within
The parodies without

No…

Wonder I awoke on this day
In a good mood…
Westerly edge is pretty alone
The whiskered mother wind awoke
Early to sweep the streets
Dry and hide the crying loon
Joker Hide! Find Disaster!

We all arrived here if by chance
A Chinamen’s romance…
When you get to the western edge
And stare over the bend
But me an mine have arrived
By the wrong side and
Have no where else to turn
But sake straw bale tavern flats
And mystic mood driven rats!

By the same token this
Is impolite cliché’ romantic and immature.

I can almost make out
The bad 70’s bonanza
Projected via heli-
Copter hanging camera
On the city’s easterly edge.

All bleached and naked and used
There’s no way for the smog to decay
Bottlenecked beaten east bay
Or the Hokusai etched mountain Marin
Assaulted sieged then colonized
By winos in the latter stages of uselessness.

I grazed your ear Belvedere
And Tiburon you turn me on
The citation got from Antioch
From the Berkeley Hills I’m swooning still.

But to lose the smog
Is to lose the fog
And hence all I love
From this shaded cove
Where all forces collide
Capsize my…
squinting
dagger
eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment